If you’re a savvy credit card user, then you probably have multiple cards in your collection. But after a while, you might realize that you have more cards that you can keep track of in your head. What’s worse, is that you may have realized that you’re missing out on some of the most valuable rewards.
But thankfully, there’s an app for that. In fact, there are several new apps in this emerging field. Most are designed to maximize your travel rewards points and miles, and some even include cash back as well.
The UThrive app shows the rewards that you earned and missed across your cards including both cash back and travel rewards based on your transactions. When shopping online or in person, UThrive makes recommendations for the best card to use, and alerts you when you use the wrong card. The UThrive app is free to download and use.
- Shows rewards earned for each transaction and overall spending.
- Displays missed rewards opportunities for each transaction and overall spending.
- Calculates your rewards net worth.
- works for both cash back, as well as travel rewards.
- Offers personalized advice on how to optimize rewards including earning potential.
- Presents hyper-personalized card recommendations based on spending habits and custom advice on expected future spend.
- Search any merchant by name to know the best card to use.
- See merchants near your location and best card to use.
- Tracks progress towards qualifying for welcome offers.
- Users can easily link their cards to UThrive, which is protected by 256-bit SSL encryption and security practices. UThrive doesn’t store sensitive information including credit card numbers or login credentials.
- UThrive can be found at
- and on the Apple Store or Google Play.
UThrive makes new card recommendations based on your spending habits and credit profile, and offers personalized advice on how to optimize rewards based on expected future spending.
With the app, you can track your progress towards qualifying for credit card welcome offers.
UThrive is ideal for those who want to know exactly how they can earn the most possible rewards for all of their regular purchases.
Travel Freely is the brainchild of Zac Hood, a school teacher and award travel enthusiast in Denver Colorado. He created this app to help others better organize and use the credit cards that they use to earn points and miles towards award travel. Travel Freely can be found at
and is compatible with Apple and Android.
- Tracks of your credit cards and the signup bonuses available to you.
- Makes personalized credit card recommendations to maximize rewards.
- Emails users about upcoming bonus spending deadlines, annual fees, and renewal dates.
- Offers a beginner quick start guide to learn about credit score monitoring, rewards programs, and best practices for applying for credit cards.
- Free to download and use.
- Offers a CardGenie tool that displays credit cards that you are eligible for.
- Trave lFreely uses high level security encryption and SSL certificates, and it doesn’t ask for any sensitive credit card information
- Travel Freely has a web app that lets you use Travel Freely on your desktop.
Travel Freely has a web app that lets you use Travel Freely on your desktop.
Travel Freely is a great tool for beginners who feel overwhelmed by the task of organizing and managing their credit cards.
The Points Guy (TPG) App
Founded by Brian Kelly, The Points Guy is one of the most popular websites devoted to credit cards and travel rewards. The TPG App was released in 2021 after several years in development.
- Track all of your airline, hotel and credit card loyalty points and miles in one place.
- Create a personalized plan to book your trips.
- Provide users with a curated news feed of travel, credit card and aviation news.
- Includes comprehensive booking instructions.
- Analyzes users’ credit card spending by category, offers insight on points earned and missed, tracks credit card sign-up bonus progress, and showcases valuable card benefits.
- Offers an Explorer tab that provides an award travel search function and a tool that breaks down whether to use cash or points when booking a flight.
The TPG app shows that it’s the result of the vast resources of The Points Guy, and it’s a great tool for longtime readers of the site.
Which app is right for you?
These are three of the leading apps that have emerged recently, but there are other competitors as well. Travel Freely seems optimized for beginning credit card rewards seekers, while the TPG app is clearly designed for those who follow the popular site, and who probably already have significant experience earning and spending points and miles.
On the other hand, Uthrive seems ideal for a broader selection of credit card users who are neither brand new to earning rewards, nor as highly engaged as those who frequently read blog posts on the subject. It’s also the only one that works for both cash back, as well as travel rewards. Once you understand the features and benefits of these new apps, you’ll be sure to find the right one to help you earn the most credit card rewards possible.