The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card is pretty freeing, in that you don’t have to use special websites or even airlines to redeem your rewards and book travel. You also can avoid extra fees like annual or foreign transaction ones.
The 5 best perks
1. No annual fee: Annual fees can eat into your rewards savings: The Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card’s annual fee is $0.
2. No foreign transaction fees: When you travel frequently beyond U.S. borders, avoiding extra fees for foreign transactions can save you quite a bit. Your charges are based on the amount you pay for your purchases and the exchange rate to U.S. currency.
3. Generous flat rewards rate on all purchases: Earning points is unlimited at a rate of 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases with the Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card. You can earn even more if you have a Bank of America checking or savings account or Merrill Lynch investment account.
4. Points don’t expire: When you’re saving for a big trip like going to New Zealand, it may take you a couple of years. Since the points don’t expire using this card, you won’t lose any of your qualifying points while saving up for a true dream vacation.
5. Unrestricted travel bookings to use any airline and hotel you want: After you charge a travel purchase, you can request the purchase amount based on the points you have be credited back as a statement credit. It doesn’t matter what airline, cruise, rental car or hotel you book, or the date. There are no blackout dates or required websites to use. You can even book on a discount travel site.
How to maximize your rewards
You want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Bank of America Travel Rewards review: Easy rewards for easy travel
Bank of America credit cards mobile app review
Fall 2018 hotel points promotions: Which ones are worth your time?