You can now earn 30-percent more points when you buy Radisson Reward Gold points. While this bonus isn’t as great as some of the others that the rewards program has offered in the past, it’s a good option if you’re already looking to buy a few points and possibly reach a higher value award.
This offer does require that you buy at least 10,000 points, and it expires Sept. 30.
So why would you want those points?
Well, if you’re not yet a Radisson Rewards member, you can get extra benefits and perks for signing up, if you stay at Radisson-branded hotels on a regular basis.
- A members-only rate that can save you up to 10-percent more
- Free award nights starting at 9,000 Gold points, with no blackout dates on standard rooms
- Discounts on food and drinks at hotel restaurants and bars
- Points earned for hotel stays and charges
- The opportunity to redeem your points with partner airlines and other brands
As you’d expect, you get better perks, the better membership tier you have. Gold status is reached after 30 nights or 20 stays. As a Gold member, you earn 25 points per $1 spent on stays and hotel charges (as compared to only 20 per $1 if you have just a general Club membership). You also receive a 15-percent discount on food and drinks as compared to 5 percent as a general Club member.
Other nicer perks Gold members enjoy include rollover nights from year to year, complimentary room upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, an in-room welcome gift and room availability guarantee.
If you’re already an American Express Platinum member, then you automatically have Radisson Rewards Gold status.
If you tried Club Carlson in the past…
…And didn’t quite like it, the Radisson Rewards re-branded version of the loyalty scheme could be much more appealing to you. The rebrand occurred earlier in the year and we’ve seen a lot of good perks since.
For one, it’s now easier to earn elite status and many members of Club Carlson actually received a status upgrade when the rebrand occurred, due to their new eligibility. Now, you need 40-percent fewer nights or stays to earn Silver status, and about 15-percent fewer nights or stays to earn Gold. To earn Platinum, you need 20-percent fewer nights or stays.
The Card to Sign Up With
If you’re new to the program and want to sign up with a credit card, go for the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature credit card. You get 10 points per $1 spent on the card with Radisson, 5 points per $1 spent elsewhere and up to 85,000 bonus points after you spend $2,500 within the first 90 days. You’ll additionally receive 40,000 bonus points each year you renew your card.
Get a 50,000 points welcome bonus worth $625, you can also get 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. You can also get 0% fees on all foreign transactions!
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a ‘Best Travel Credit Card’ by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions – as long as there’s a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards