To reward its travel-savvy customers, world’s leading hotel chain Marriott has announced it will give a number of rewards, promotions and benefits to its Elite-tier members through various programs in 2021.
These programs include:
- Depositing 50% of the Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into members’ accounts based on their 2020 Elite status tier to give them a head start in 2021 toward elite status in 2022. The ENC’s will be deposited in February. Marriott will also reducing the $20,000 spend threshold for attaining Ambassador Elite status by 30% for 2021.
- Reducing off-peak redemption rates globally by 10% for all future reservations through September 30, 2021 booked between January 11, 2021 and February 21, 2021. It can take a little time for our new off-peak rates to update throughout our systems, so the new pricing is now bookable, but may not show up in the shopping experience for the next few hours.
- Launching the next global promotion that in combination with the deposit of elite night credits into members’ accounts will make it even easier to attain elite status and enable all members to take advantage of redemption rates sooner. From February 16 through April 27, 2021, members will earn double the number of points and elite night credits for stays of two nights or more.
These rewarding promotions will be added to those launched in 2020, which are:
- Extended Elite status earned in 2019 through February 1, 2022.
- Deposited 50% of the Elite Night Credits (ENCs) into members’ accounts based on their 2019 earned Elite Status.
- Extended Free Night Awards originally set to expire in 2020 through August 1, 2021.
- Extended Suite Night Awards earned in 2019 as part of the 50- and 75-night annual choice benefit that were to expire the end of 2020 through December 31, 2021.
- Paused points expiration through August 1, 2021.
Marriott promises to launch a few new programs in 2021, so Bonvoy members might want to keep their eyes open.