submit your news
Venues & Destinations
RewardExpert Releases Ranking of 2018s Best Midsized Cities for Business Meetings
RewardExpert – a free service that helps users take full advantage of credit card and travel rewards – today released its ranking of 2018’s Best Midsized Cities for Business Meetings to help business owners find top locations for meetings and conventions, that offer many amenities at affordable prices. To determine the ranking, RewardExpert analyzed 20 data indicators broken down into seven overarching categories: affordability, climate, commute, business atmosphere, events, accommodation and dining, and safety.
“As a small business owner, I know how challenging it can be to choose a location in which to host a business meeting that will be both pleasant for my clients and team members, and work within our budget,” says Roman Shteyn, CEO and co-founder of RewardExpert. “There are plenty of locations across the country outside of New York, L.A. or Chicago that strike a balance between fun and affordability. We broke down our ranking into the six major geographical that work best within their region.”
The top cities by region in RewardExpert’s ranking of 2018’s Best Midsized Cities for Business Meetings are:
- Edison, New Jersey is #1 in the Northeast. Located in the New-York-Newark-Jersey-City Metropolitan Area, along Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor, Edison is a natural choice for first place in the region. Not only does it rank very highly in terms of affordability, it also rates highly in every other metric considered in the report.
- Elgin, Illinois is #1 in the Midwest. Due to its proximity to Chicago, the city is very accessible to visitors from all parts of the nation. Elgin has a wonderful atmosphere for the arts and cultural activities, making it a breeze to arrange after-meeting activities.
- Peoria, Arizona is #1 in the Mountain West. A major suburb of Phoenix, Peoria ranks among the top ten in many of the analyzed metrics. It is the most affordable midsize city in this region, while also ranking fourth for the number of events available to visitors, and sixth for the number of restaurants, bars and hotels.
- West Covina, California is #1 in the Pacific West. Located in the Los Angeles metro area, West Covina ranks first on our list. The city boasts stunning panoramic mountain views, and it ranks in the top quarter in this region on our list for safety, commuting, number of events, and the availability of restaurants, bars and hotels.
- Savannah, Georgia is #1 in the South Atlantic. Savannah ranks first on our list on the strength of its status as the most affordable midsize city in this region, while also performing well on other metrics. Savannah is a beautiful coastal city with well-preserved historical heritage and laid-back Southern lifestyle, offering many sightseeing opportunities for visitors
- Irving, Texas is #1 in the South Central region. Irving has experienced rapid growth over the past fifty years, and is home to a multitude of attractions of all types, ranging from modern art to major sporting events. It is not only a cost-efficient business meeting destination, but also an exciting place to visit.
“Hosting a meeting in a midsized city is a great opportunity for clients and team members to see new, off-the-beaten path destinations in the country,” says Shteyn. “You don’t need to be in a bustling metropolis to experience culture and find engaging activities. These cities are easy to get to, packed with sights and events, and most importantly, they are easy on the wallet.”
For more information and to view the full report, visit the RewardExpert website.
RewardExpert helps users navigate the world of frequent flyer programs and credit card rewards. The free web service provides smart tools and features that enable users to make more rewarding decisions. Through personal finance and travel insights, users are empowered to turn their spending into earning. Find out how to quickly gain rewards while spending less to see more of the world. To get started, visit www.rewardexpert.com.
FIND IT – MARKETPLACE