Earn 20,000 bonus miles by booking a trip to select South American destinations exclusively through American Airlines Vacations before Sept. 30.
This offer is on top of the 1,000 bonus miles that come with the booking of any American Airlines Vacations package.
Also, this is a great way to earn bonus miles, so make sure to use a great travel credit card to get the most out of your reservation. This offer is not valid on existing reservations, and your hotel stay must match the length of the trip. These points will be added to your AAdvantage account six-eight weeks after your stay.
NerdWallet does not guarantee promotions, prices, routes or dates. They are subject to change or expiration.
How to maximize your rewards
You want a travel credit card that prioritizes what’s important to you. Here are our picks for the best travel credit cards of 2018, including those best for:
- Airline miles and a large bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®).
- Flat-rate travel rewards: Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card (Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase).
- Premium travel rewards: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (Get 3 points per dollar on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases).
- No annual fee: Bank of America® Travel Rewards credit card (Earn unlimited 1.5 points per dollar spent on all purchases, with no annual fee).
- Luxury perks: The Platinum Card® from American Express (Get 5 points per dollar on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, plus get access to the Global Lounge Collection). Terms Apply.
Planning a trip? Check out these articles for more inspiration and advice:
Don’t let hidden hotel fees spoil your stay
How credit card rewards rates stack up
American Airlines AAdvantage program: The complete guide